A little bit of a challenge when kids start to grow up as most toys in the market are designed for babies and toddlers. Add the fact that technology makes toys and plays second choices for entertainment. Why not a toy that combines both? You will be glad to get to know the Scalextric ARC One.
The Scalextric ARC One
If your childhood includes having lots of fun engaging in friendly competitions with your pals by racing slot cars, then you’ll definitely enjoy the modern version, the Scalextric ARC One. This set essentially combines traditional track racing with the innovative technology of today to improve the functionality of the vehicles, streamline a lot of procedures and increase the excitement level of the players.
An innovative product that adapts to the latest technologies, this toy utilizes the power of Bluetooth. The race cars can now be controlled using Android or Apple smartphones placed on the holder of the racetrack. This will essentially automate many things, especially the ones that could be reason for disputes in traditional racing.
For one, players won’t be guessing any longer on when to set off. The app on the smartphones will let them know of the time to take off from the starting line.
The players can also see detailed statistics of the race and of their cars in real time. At the end of the game, the app tallies the scores to know who wins. Other information provided includes the speed of the units. These features are truly amazing for today’s generation of toys.
To increase the excitement of the games, Scalextric puts a realistic feature — the pit stops, which can fix engine troubles and tire punctures, among other services. Notifications will be sent to the players informing when it’s time for them to come in, and if the messages are ignored, the players can be penalized. The app can also shut the power down when the car runs off the track.
Several racing features are available in the app, including changing drivers, choosing racing modes and fixing settings. Penalties are also imposed such as the jump start penalty. Hand throttles are also available.
The best part about this product is that there are many Scalextric sets you can choose from, and although the basic features are the same, there are also different variations in each one. Some sets come with wireless play capabilities. Mixing cars from one set to another is also possible, even for the older models.
Other Racing Sets To Consider:
- Anki DRIVE Starter Kit (Previous Version)
- Scalextric American Racers 1:32 Slot Car Race Track C1364T Playset
- Carrera Evolution 25223 Dust Up race set
- Round Guide Blade, 4 Braid Plates, 1 Screw
- Lap Timer and Beacon, Car, Motorcycle Track Day
Times has changed, kids want to keep up with the latest technologies while parents want their kids to play the traditional games. With this product, it combines both classic playtime of tracks and cars and the latest innovations of apps and wireless abilities. Hence, this is a great toy for parents to bond with their kids.
Bring this toy not just for usual playtime as home but to family gatherings. For sure, this is one great game for everyone during family get-togethers. Get the Scalextric ARC One now!
Check out the Scalextric ARC One video review.
- Battle of the smart toy racers: Anki Overdrive vs Scalextric Arc vs Real FX Racing - Pocket-lint.com
- teenager wins Scalextric world championship - BBC News
- Scalextric is back – classic racing game gets a major tech transformation - Daily Star
- The Great Christmas Giveaway Day 6: Win one of two Scalextric sets - Pocket-lint.com
- Scalextric returns: Will classic toy's 'ARC AIR' update take pole position this Christmas? - Mirror.co.uk
- Real FX Slotless Racing (2015) review: it's Scalextric unchained - CAR Magazine
- Scalextric integrates smart phones and slot cars - Racer