When it comes to any Star Wars merchandise, it is truly a delight to have a product wherein a lot of attention to detail has been put into it. Whether it’s the vehicles, the characters or the accessories, any Star Wars enthusiast will be exuberant when owning a toy or collectible with a movie-accurate appearance.
Poe Dameron’s X Wing Review
The Star Wars The Force Awakens 3.75-Inch Vehicle Poe Dameron’s X-Wing will not disappoint an enthusiast of the series, as the aircraft is designed to look like an exact replica of the dark-hulled T-70 X-wing starfighter featured in the movie. The set comes with 2 accessories and can fire missiles. It also offers the ace Resistance pilot Poe Dameron.
The X-wing weighs around 2 pounds for easy flying even by children. The vehicle features a long, narrow nose with a support under it for stability. In addition, the unit features large engines, with exhaust blasters molded on the backs of the engine intake.
Projectiles are included with the vehicle, and can be conveniently fitted into the spring-loaded cannons. The X-wing’s sturdy wings have a mount in each end for holding the projectiles. And as stated earlier, the vehicle can fire the missiles for an interactive battlefield game play.
Adding a realistic touch to this product is the droid that sits in the back of the vehicle. This pilot companion can turn its head. Unfortunately, this piece isn’t a removable feature.
The cockpit is also well designed, as the accompanying Poe Dameron figure can easily slide into the seat as needed. The pilot can also pose as if it’s holding the flight stick as well as lean back on the seat, ready for action. The cockpit comes with a hatch that can be easily opened and closed. It also has a crank that can lock the S-foils.
By itself, the Poe Dameron figure reveals the attention to detail that the manufacturer has put into this character especially when it comes to his shoes, vest, gloves and flight suit. The helmet is removable from the head.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can droid come out of the back of the x-wing?
No, it does not come out. Pushing down on the BB8 droid opens the wings to an “X” position. There is a lever behind it to close the wings.
It can fly?
If by fly, you mean goes through the air, then yes. But only if you drop if from a high enough place or throw it with enough force to carry it. I guess a large catapult could also make it “fly”.
Do the elbows and knees bend on this or any of the new action figures?
No they are just 5 points of articulation on all the 3 3/4 inch figures
Is the dd8 detachable?
Pros And Cons
Amazon.com reviews for Poe Dameron’s X-Wing are pretty mixed. Some reviewers totally love it. However, many other reviewers say that it is a poor quality toy. Many complain that the wings and/or turrets were bent.
Other Toys To Consider:
- Liberty Imports World Racing Car Take-A-Part Toy for Kids with 30 Take Apart Pieces, Tool Drill, Lights and Sounds
- Take Apart Toy Racing Car Kit For Kids TG642 – Build Your Own Car Kit Construction Set (Version 2!!) – 30 Take-A-Part Pieces With Realistic Sounds & Lights By ThinkGizmos (Trademark Protected)
- Fisher-Price Imaginext DC Super Friends, Batcopter
- Tonka Classic Steel Mighty Dump Truck Vehicle
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Epic Strike Batmobile Vehicle
This Star Wars The Force Awakens set offers a wide range of creative opportunities for a child as well as adult fans. Playing with the Poe Dameron figure alone provides many exciting adventures. It’s even much more fun when he flies his X-wing.
Special Christmas Offer
- A Story Idea For Star Wars Episode 8 - moviepilot.com
- The Poe Dameron Comic Is the Force Awakens Prequel You've Been Craving - Gizmodo
- Cool Set Photos & Poe Dameron News For 'Star Wars VIII' - moviepilot.com
- Poe Dameron, BB-8 to star in latest 'Star Wars' comic - NewsOK.com
- Make your own Star Wars Poe Dameron X-Wing suit on the cheap - CNET