Did you know that because your son needs to build the Meccano – Meccanoid XL 2.0 before he can play with it his fine motor skills, as well as thought skills, are developed? Of course, as a parent, you will love to buy your kid a toy that will not only serve as such, but will also teach him some skills.
As for your child, he will love to have his own robot – but he will love it more because he can build his own! He will be excited to start getting all the pieces together and have all of his parts moving – head, arms and feet. He will feel a sense of achievement soon as he sees this Meccano toy moving. Truth is that he is his personal robot and he can be his new best friend. Being 4-foot tall, he will want this toy to be his buddy and roommate, right?
Check the features, as well as the benefits, pros and cons, to know if this robot toy is the perfect buddy for him:
If you would like to go ahead an purchase the Meccano – Meccanoid XL 2.0 from Amazon.com, then please click the button below:
Features Of The Meccano – Meccanoid XL 2.0
- 4-foot tall toy robot with articulating motorized feet, arms and head
- Includes 1221 parts, 1 USB cable (for smart device connection), 8 servos, 1 LED module, 2 motor gear box assembly, 1 AC/DC wall mount charger and 2 hand tools
- Voice recognition feature (faster than other similar toys)
Sturdy plastic pieces
- LED eyes (500 colors)
- 10 motors to showcase real movement
- 3,000 pre-programmed phrases and robot trivia
- Need 1 Ni-MH 1800 mAh battery
- Story-telling feature
- 3 creative methods in programming: Ragdoll mode, Learned Intelligent Movement and Drag and Drop (using smart device)
- More robot intelligence and twice the memory
- 15 languages tutorial mode
Benefits Of The Meccanoid XL 2.0
- Constructing his own robot will help develop your child’s fine motor skills and manual dexterity.
- As your child is assisted during the building of the robot, he learns how to work with other people and what’s the importance of teamwork.
- Meccano – Meccanoid XL 2.0 allows your child’s brain to process thinking, as well as solve problems, thus, his analytical and cognitive skills are enhanced.
- Being able to build his own robot gives your young one a boost to his self-confidence.
- Learning other languages is possible with this robot because it features a tutorial mode where it teaches kids (or users) to learn 15 languages.
Pros And Cons
The toy package comes with a manual guide that is easy to follow. Thus, your child can begin to build the robot as soon as it is out of the package. Understanding how the robot works is also a breeze.
The LED eyes with 500 colors make the robot more fun to play with.
The robot already includes battery thus you no longer need to purchase one. Your son can also begin playing with it soon as he is able to assemble it. Because it is rechargeable, you can be sure that your pocket will not be drained as you do not have to worry about empty batteries.
It can be connected to a smart device.
At 7.2 pounds, the toy is not that heavy to carry.
It only requires spot cleaning thus it is easy to clean. Even your child, when taught how, can do it on his own.
It is only recommended for children 10 years old and up. If you want your son, who’s younger than the suggested age, to learn how to build robot, Meccanoid XL 2.0 is not for him.
There are small parts thus it is not suitable for kids below 3 years old or else the risk for choking is high.
Building the toy robot may take too long because the number of parts are over 1000. Your child may experience impatience.
Not everyone can afford it because it’s MSRP is $299.99 (but considering its benefits, the price may be acceptable to some).
With Meccano – Meccanoid XL 2.0 offering benefits, such as the development of your child’s fine motor skills, as well as thought and problem-solving skills, aside from being able to build it on his own and play with it, who will not want this toy for him? Consider buying this personal robot. Help your child improve his or her self-confidence as well and allow him to learn to take the challenge of getting all the parts together alone so he will know how to manage pressure. Guide him as he assembles each part. Now, you do not have to worry about buying batteries each time because the battery it requires is already included and it’s rechargeable. You can permit him to play with it as long as he wants to. The plastic parts are sturdy thus you can expect it to be durable. The pre-programmed phrases and robot trivia and the 15 languages being taught are also a plus for Meccanoid XL 2.0. It may be priced at almost $300, but considering all of these benefits, everything is all worth it.